- Why are folks so fond of 'weird history'? (Sydney Morning Herald) - that's "weird" as in "a little nutty and probably bogus", not weird as in bizarre.
- The many adventures of fictional explorer Tintin, and his many resulting head injuries, likely caused hormonal imbalances. (ABC for Kids)
- Joe Ellis on his favorite founding father: "[T]he one that I want to have a beer with is John Adams. Maybe we'll have a Sam Adams together." (Bloomberg)
- British historian sees Johnny Depp as the ideal actor to play Stalin. (Russia-IC)
- The assassination of Benazir Bhutto sparks this interesting analysis of assassinations in history. (Daily Press)
- An oldie but a goodie: Richard Nixon used the wrong "Wilson Desk" in the White House. (Snopes)
Also, did you catch the new PBS documentary Andrew Jackson: Good, Evil, and the Presidency on Wednesday? I'll keep my eyes open for a re-airing, and if I find anything out, I'll let you know. It was fun, but woefully low on badassery.