(Listen to me talk like I invented blogging or something...or even like it's not something I've been doing for going on seven years now.)
But forget all that - let's get on with the linkage.
- The Pinky Show Presents: "Thomas Edison Hates Cats" - I can't remember how I stumbled across Pinky, but this kitty's irreverent, well-researched, and creative presentations were part of what inspired me to start a history blog.
- This week in the Onion, Jimmy Carter says "I Got What America Needs Right Here." (Naturally, this is not really Jimmy Carter. Also naturally, it's an Onion op-ed and is thus packed with swears.)
- Speaking of Jimmy Carter, here's the Straight Dope on Jimmy's legendary scrape with a murderous rabbit. And him without a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
- Cracked.com presents Five popular brands that originated with the Nazis. Being a humor site first and foremost, Cracked doesn't always do the most meticulous research, but they're almost always hilarious.
- Did a radio broadcaster mistakenly refer to Herbert Hoover as "Hoobert Heever"? Snopes knows the answer.