Friday, August 28, 2009

The History Is Funny Store Is Now Open!

I know, two posts in one day after four posts in a year is a little excessive, but I have a funny story to tell you about this very blog, which I guess would make it a (History Is Funny) Is Funny story.

Sunday night I had the TV tuned to "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" for about five minutes. Now, I don't usually watch game shows these days because after an ignominious defeat on a certain show where you have to answer everything in the form of a question, I just get mad. And Sunday's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" was no exception - they were on the million dollar question, which involved identifying Lyndon Johnson's favorite beverage.

Well, obviously I know that. I even blogged about it once. Time it was that my site was on the first page of google results for "LBJ Fresca." In fact, that was still true as of Sunday, a fact I didn't connect until I looked at my site stats and saw that I'd gotten over 1,600 unique page views within an hour or two of that trivia question airing. (Of course, now that this bit of trivia has fallen into game show lore, I'm no longer on the first page of google hits. Oh well. I think I'm still one of the first hits for "Andrew Jackson groin shot". You take your victories where you can get them.)

My supreme moment of idiocy lies in the fact that I've been building a t-shirt shop to go with this blog, and I didn't have a link up on the day I had a moment of dubious internet fame, thus costing me perhaps dozens of sales. It starts to become clear now how I haven't managed to retire before age 30 with my massive piles of game show winnings and/or Nobel Prizes, I know.

I won't make that mistake again. You must all know about the site now: presenting the History Is Funny Store, brought to you by printfection. I have half a dozen designs up so far, with many more to come. I have a couple of the shirts myself and the print quality and shirt quality are excellent. I have kept the prices as low as possible so it feels a little less like highway robbery - I make a buck off of anything I sell here, and that's it.

Happy shopping! Feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.

2 comments:

Shakeel said...


Hi very good post.

Thanks.

For Sharing.

Keep Up

Keep Up

The

Good

Good

Work

This Blog

Was Absolutely

Fantastic

Unknown said...

hello dear, are you still suffering from heart break or you are there you are looking for the fruit of the womb or you are there you have been suffering from HIV/AIDS you do not have time to waste crying all day cause that is a total waste of time all you need to do is to kindly contact Dr. Wealthy in his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com and explain everything to him, he will bring a solution to your problem.my dear brothers and sisters i want to tell you all that God have been using this man to bless many people in their numerous problems, what is that thing that is eating you up? you do not have to worry Dr. Wealthy is there to solve your problems today. once more contact him through his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348105150446