- Here are some Presidential screensavers and games to get you in an appropriately festive mood. (MSN)
- In honor of the man's 199th birthday, here are nine little-known facts about Lincoln. (Mental Floss)
- Hunter S. Thompson's scathing obituary of Richard Nixon. (Counterpunch)
- A Salute to Obscure Presidents (Michael5000) - Incidentally, you know that car commercial with the Millard Fillmore soap on a rope? I'll be the best friend of anybody who can ACTUALLY find me a Millard Fillmore soap on a rope. It will go very nicely with my tiny plastic Warren G. Harding.
- The comments to the above blog post led me to this very awesome website, which features one guy's quest to visit all of the Presidential burial sites.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Hail to the Friday Links
Happy Presidents' Day Weekend, everybody! In honor of getting Monday off from work, here's a special all-President edition. (Okay, fine, 90% of the content in this blog is president-related. I try to make a special effort not to have that happen, but what can I say? Childhood obsessions die hard.)